Some people ask me, how do you get anything down? I really don’t know. Maybe it’s the choice to sleep less. Maybe it’s because I put God first and He works out my time? But even when I don’t – I know I am sure your mouth is fully ajar and you cannot believe this would be true, but I too – am human. Okay – don’t tell anyone.
I am posting this for fun – mostly, but to see that we are all human – we all poo and potty. Yes. I said POO!
God made no one larger than the other. No one should be put on a pedestal, except JESUS! He’s worthy of the Throne! I think that’s why we have these humbling days, lists, lives.
Buckle up your seatbelts! This is ONE day in my life.
(This doesn’t include phone calls, texts, and so much more.)
- A phone call wakes me up. 🙂 (why didn’t I put my phone on DO NOT DISTURB?? Why Why why!)
- Cuddle with hubs. (Hubba Hubba)
- Pray together.
- Back rub – (I was the receiver! Score!)
- Shower – (I didn’t wash my hair. sorry. not sorry)
- Bible Time
- Journal Time
- Start school.
- Stop school to connect with kids. (sometimes you just have to put on the brakes to make sure their hearts are RIGHT and connected! Just do it!)
- Drive to Braums for eggs, Starbucks for coffee, Chick Fil A for chicken minis (yes, I may have bought their love for the day – it helps. ;))
- Talk about car issues with kids in the car then in the driveway and then inside on the couch (The deepest discussions happen in our driveway! Weird. Find a place that your kids connect with you the best!)
- Back to school
- Someone dropped by with Brachs pumpkins and candy corn
- Spontaneously end up in discussion over the youth group
- A business team member offers me 12 tacos from Taco Bell I say yes! You want to give me free food to feed my kids and I don’t have to cook! Just yes!
- Another team member comes by delivers tacos we have a meeting about Sunday night worship – I secretly LOVE these interruptions!
- I work on writing with youngest – we write a paper and go through grammar learning about subjects and pre… yawn…whoops…predicates. Stetch
- Help Kid with research – It’s not that I love researching GMO’s for debate, but Google is in prison in our home. No one has full access to this beast – quite literally…no kid needs full access. Imprision your Google.
The chauffeuring begins (When the kids were small, I could’ve never imaged this season – even though I was sufficiently warned.)
- Prod kid out the door for aerial (really…do you know how much this costs? You should be prodding me)
- Drop kid off the aerial
- Hesitantly drive to Walmart – I don’t know why I go there. Oh yes – to minister. talk to strangers in the isle – smile. talk with and possibly pray with cashier – yes do it! (Crazy that almost everyone we cross paths with need encouragement – including ME – so send it on!)
- Home drop off Walmart goods
- Pick up from Ariel
- Two little friends were dropped off at my house 🙂 I will take their sweet faces any day!
- After that another friend gets dropped off later – the house just went off the chain.
- Drop one friend off at dance
- Drop two children off at the college
- Dinner for children left in the house I’m not sure how many that is at this point
- Pick up two children from dance
- While dropping off one child at dance.
- Pick up two kids from college
- Go to worship…Loads of hugs to many like-minded peeps
- Drop off child at dance
- Go back to worship…read the Word
- Pick up one child from dance
- Go back to worship…Read…Hug…pee. because someone hit my bladder.
- Leave….Going home – yay!
- Snack snack
- Chill chill
- Visit visit visit visit – teens like to talk ALOT – especially at night! I am only listening here, nodding my head, smiling, saying things like “oooo” “ohhhh” “wow” “I’m sorry” “sounds amazing” because they don’t want to hear from you. No. They just want to download.
- Sleep – finally fall into bed – 5…4…3…2…1 zzzzzz (only 30 seconds until I was twitching – my hubs told me so)
And seriously even more than that! This doesn’t include texts, phone calls, email, or working on my book.
Seriously, how can you get through ONE day without keeping a thankful list??!!!
And be thankful. My favorite line in the Bible! (Col. 3:15)
Track one day in your life and share it with me! Can’t wait to hear from you.